Acne Scar Removal Services
Acne scarring is a real problem that plagues a lot of people. At Harmony Med Spa, we use a revolutionary technology, PicoSure laser, for acne scar removal. A painless and effective procedure, it has benefited a lot of our clients in Oshawa and the surrounding Durham Region Area.
What is the PicoSure procedure, and how does it work for Acne Scar Removal?
A PicoSure laser is a procedure which employs highly targeted energy in the affected area of the skin. This results in the gradual removal of the skin layers which are damaged.
It also stimulates the production of collagen, which speeds up the skin renewal properties. The scarred skin greatly improves in texture, color and appearance. Unlike other skin procedures which rely on heat, PicoSure works by triggering the body’s immune system.
Does the procedure hurt?
Picosure is not painless, however there is minimal discomfort. You will also be given a topical anaesthetic if you are uncomfortable. At Harmony Med Spa Oshawa, your comfort and safety is our one of our top priorities.
Are there any side effects of PicoSure?
Redness and swelling are expected, but they should subside within 24 hours.
Keep in mind that an inexperienced technician can aggravate the side effects. Always make sure that you are treated by an experienced and trained physician.
Who can benefit from PicoSure procedure?
The primary candidate is an individual who has acne scarring on the face. However, this revolutionary technology also works great for individuals who have:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Stretch marks
How to prepare for the PicoSure procedure?
Unlike other facial procedures where you undergo the treatment immediately, PicoSure requires some preparation before the procedure. Here is what you need to do.
- Discuss your health issues with the consulting physician.
- Persistent problems such as cold sores around the mouth and acne breakouts must be mentioned during the consultation.
- Make sure to mention it to the physician, If you are under medication for any illness
- We usually advise our clients not to consume blood clotting medications such as NSAIDs, a couple of weeks before the PicoSure procedure.
- Make sure that you stop smoking at least two weeks before the scheduled procedure.
How long does the acne scar removal procedure last?
A session of PicoSure can take around 45 minutes. Treatment interval time is 4 weeks.
Acne Scar Removal Oshawa Aftercare
Proper aftercare is crucial to make the procedure fully effective. Our experts will prescribe topical products for cleaning, so make sure you follow the recommendations.
- Use a retinol product to maximize the benefit of the procedure. This will also minimize the scars and prevent the new ones from forming.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF to keep your skin protected from the harmful rays of the sun.
Note: Retinol must be stopped 7 days before and can be re-applied at least 7 days after.