Hair Loss Treatment Oshawa Services
Thinning, falling, and balding hair is a common problem that affects more than half of the world’s population. Irrespective of gender, these problems can accelerate as we age. Hair loss can be very traumatizing if it occurs in large quantities and especially if you are a female.
Because a full head of hair is synonymous with youthfulness, beauty and good health, it is no wonder that many folks resort to temporary remedies for this problem. Unfortunately, none of them offer a permanent solution.
What causes hair loss?
Hormones play a principal role in hair loss of both men and women. Apart from hormones, other factors that can cause and accelerate hair loss are:
• A bout of serious illness
• Emotional trauma
• Hormonal changes, most notably during puberty, pregnancy and menopause
• Insufficient protein in diet such as during dieting
• Deficiency of iron in the blood
• Thyroid problems
What does hair loss treatment involve?
When you step into our med spa, a typical treatment procedure for hair loss treatment will include:
Our trained experts will analyze and assess the underlying reason for the hair loss. It is typically done through our prp treatment service.
Types of illness, medications, allergies and others, including your medical history, may be discussed at the consultation. Blood samples may also be collected so we can detect any nutrient deficiency or hormonal imbalances.
Based on the results of the scalp evaluation, we will then determine the best treatment for you. The treatment may include one or more of the following, depending on the severity and cause of the hair loss.
• Topical creams
• Laser therapy
• PRP using the patient’s blood – This boosts hair growth as well as enhances the results of other treatment mentioned above.
Who can benefit from hair loss treatment?
The hair loss treatment can be very beneficial if you have any of the following problems:
• Hair damage
• Hair breakage
• Male or female pattern hair loss
• Skin conditions that trigger hair loss
• Temporary or permanent hair loss
• Traction alopecia – This is very common in people who use a lot of heat appliances. The resultant alopecia is due to constant pulling and tugging of the hair follicles.
Are there any side effects of hair loss treatment?
Apart from mild itching, redness of the scalp and irritation, the side effects of the hair loss treatment is minimal. However, in case they do occur, the side effects will subside within a day or two.