Lip Fillers Oshawa Services
Healthy and plump lips are synonymous with sensuality. Apart from the eyes, lips are a defining feature of a person’s face. As we age we begin to lose volume in certain areas of our bodies including our lips. Lip fillers are a safe and effective way to stop thinning lips. Our lip filler services have put a smile on many lips in Oshawa and the local Durham Region Area.
What are lip fillers?
Lip fillers are non-surgical cosmetic procedures performed to plump the lips. The primary component in these fillers is hyaluronic acid. It is injected through a very fine needle.
Types of lip fillers
- Restylane – The hyaluronic acid molecules in restylane are viscous, which gives the overall lips a full plumped look.
- Restylane-L – It has the same components, but Restylane-L has lidocaine, which acts as a pain reducer. It also produces a full plumped look.
- Restylane Silk – Contains the same component as the above, but in Silk, the molecules of hyaluronic acid are much smaller. It is best for subtle plumping and lifting of the lips.
- Juvéderm Ultra – The concentration of hyaluronic acid is higher than in the Restylane. It is best for subtle plumping of the lips with horizontal spread rather than a lifting effect.
- Juvéderm Volbela – A relatively new variant, the hyaluronic acid in this is much less. It gives a natural lift to the lips and also helps with wrinkles around the lips.
How do lip fillers work?
The dermal filler, hyaluronic acid, is injected into the lips through a very fine needle. Depending on the desired results, the aesthetician or the expert will determine the correct volume to be injected.
The lips are massaged softly so that the filler will have an even distribution. This step is necessary to ensure that your lips look natural.
Does the lip fillers procedure hurt?
There is mild discomfort during the procedure. Your comfort is one of our top priorities. Our experts at Harmony Med Spa Oshawa will start the procedure by applying a topical cream. This cream has a local anesthetic to numb the lips. Even the most sensitive lips do not experience any pain after this.
Are there any side effects of lip fillers?
Only a minor bruising and swelling but it should subside within 24 to 48 hours.
How long does the effect of lip fillers last?
Juvéderm typically lasts from nine months to a year, while Restylane’s effects last from six months to a year. Periodic top-ups after three to four months may be required.
Who should consider lip fillers?
If you are conscious about your thin lips or ageing lips, then definitely consider it.